By: Stan Popovich
Many celebrities deal with the pressures of Hollywood on a regular basis. Here are some suggestions on how to manage the stresses and anxieties of dealing with peer pressure when working in Hollywood.
1. Know Where You Stand. Ask yourself if you are willing to do something that your friends want you do. Think about it and determine for yourself where you stand on a certain task or issue. Determine what you want to do in terms of your career goals.
2. Tell Others. Once you know where you stand, you need to communicate this to your friends and other people your intentions. Give them reasons on why you feel this way. Be willing to answer their questions so they understand where you are coming from.
3. Stand Tall. Be firm in your decision and show confidence. Some people will continue to argue with you and this is where you need to show that you mean business. Do not give in to their arguments. Do what is right and stand with your decision.
4. Deal With Supportive Friends. Hang out with different people or friends who do not respect your decisions. If your friends really like you, they need to respect you. Nobody wants to be with people who are trying to get them into some kind of trouble.
5. Stay Consistent. Stay consistent on your values and beliefs. If people see that you are constantly changing your mind then they will not take you seriously. Regardless what you believe in, be consistent in what you preach.
Dealing with the pressures of Hollywood can be tough to deal with, but the important thing is to do what is best for you and advocate this to others. If some people do not like it, then that is their problem.
Stan Popovich is the author of “A Layman’s Guide to Managing Fear Using Psychology, Christianity and Non Resistant Methods” – an easy to read book that presents a general overview of techniques that are effective in managing persistent fears and anxieties. For additional information go to: http://www.managingfear.com/